Wednesday 2 July 2014

water.



i.
i live in the House of the Sleeping Goat,
i answer to a different name, these days
and they send me flowers wrapped in prayers.
i am my only god.

ii.
my body practices the art
of imitation. i’m learning to be more
than a reflection sitting on another’s cornea.
today i’ll be a shotgun.

ii.
forgiveness, they say, is
a slow and quiet walk, a sigh in the dark that
no one applauds. forgiveness, i say,
is the courage not to run.

iii.
the blood in my brain is forming a wave
and i’m soon to flood you out. say goodbye
to the carpet and the paint
in the House of the Sleeping Goat.

iv.
i spent months scrubbing the
floor of my womb and it
took a long time to get here. all things,
love included, are scoured off today.

v.
my mother grew my body inside her like a flower
and i’ve sucked the sunlight from this ugly place.
don’t run, little dove  kneel to the water  after all,
it’s coming for you just the same.  

10 comments:

  1. i think poets (here: you) are the most heroic amongst all writers. the most daring, the most rebelllious. mad ones.

    (i love how i want to reads this over and over again, in fact I am doing it right now, and how it reveals more each time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2, please. That's good stuff. And I agree with Lilly, mad, rebellious writers roaming the underground that is the internet. And I have to say, I hit the jackpot with some of you I've found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love our little corner of the internet we've found ourselves in! Thanks, again xx

      Delete
  3. These are great Kitty. The last part, V., is a perfect ending. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bridgeybabe!! Your last couple of posts with the typewriter poems are just fuck off amazing. Put up more, I'm hungry for your words!!

      Delete
  4. I never believed in forgiveness, maybe because no one ever forgave me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the second to last verse took my breath away.

    http://radarmagazine.se/linnwiberg

    ReplyDelete