Saturday 19 October 2013

Those women longed for the touch of others' lips, and thus invited their kisses.

~*~


unfamiliar ceiling
heart ticking ticking
 ceiling fan clicking – sticky limbs nearly
touching - your ripe mouth open, mine closed
around a word I can’t say - not now
sorry I’m okay – don’t frown, let’s
stay a while. Bare feet fly buzz
lungs rattle stumble – I’m an accident
waiting to happen as I trip and tumble
down the hall, bathroom sink
let me cool my hands and think
alba skin adorned with sweat
mirror fogged up heavy breath
I’m heavy with the weight of waiting
you’re frozen like a photo I’m phoning
your mother telling her
we won’t be making it over today
sorry I’ll say
goodnight to your son
he’ll be okay, hand held against
the light, feeble protection
water eyes, his lips a question
asking me how soon how soon
can we get outta here outta this room
not today, I’ll say – lying down
static touch, skin so thin moist lips 
closed around a word I’ll say
soon, soon, but not today.


~*~

4 comments: