Tuesday 11 June 2013

It's raining in my head

The last week has been fun/interesting/stressful. Last thursday night was the Pennies reunion at Laundry Bar, we all went crazy and spent much of the night in lane ways/pizzashops/driving trollys/putting milkcrates on our heads. It was fun. On friday night there was a party at Burhouse - Bill had his projector there with all these trippy coourful goodvibes stuff playing on the wall in the couryard, and he and James built a fort the occupied an entire room, it was sick. On Saturday night, Jack and I stayed up till 5am watch Neon Genesis Evangelion which is an amazing anime made in 1995 and is just incredible, it's creator Hideaki Anno is a genius. Evangelion addresses so many psychological issues, as well as incorporating quantum physics and many scientific theories, much of the plot based on the many worlds theory. Throughout the series the underlying philosophic discourse questions the purpose of mankind, and brings to light so many of our flaws - ultimately our self destructive nature. It's amazing pls watch. 


This is a monologue from episode 12, you don't have to understand the plot/characters to appreciate this, it's just beautiful. 

Yesterday my folio for Creative non-fiction was due, I had to write three pieces totalling 4000 words. I wrote a piece about my time in India, a music review, and a letter style memoir. I think they were good. 


Last night Jack had a Gig at the Brunswick hotel, his friends Jess and Calum opened the night with their first live performance and I thought they were great. It was a really great night actually. Jack didn't think so but he's so self critical, there was actually a lot of good feedback from the audience and the sound technician. When we got home, I sat on the couch with Belinda drinking wine and smoking and she told me stories of her days as a dancer and a director, and directing dance movies, and she showed me photos and it was nice. 

This is a series of Haikus I wrote for uni. I concluded my folio with this, the poem above ^ was the first. The collection tells a story; the first being the meeting, then exploring the relationship, the destruction of it, the trauma of loss, and the rebirth of becoming an independent individual again - relearning to be alone.

i take baby steps
as i learn to breathe again
independence calls.

lost in my own words
i try to speak but then
my voice trips and falls.

‘it’s hard at the start’
they tell me as i contemplate
how to sleep alone.

‘time will mend your heart’
i try to turn this empty
house into a home.






No comments:

Post a Comment