Sunday 11 May 2014

~~||~~||~~

Once again a fleeting moment never meant to linger has hooked me by the heel and I'm suspended in it from now until I suck it dry and devoid of all meaning. Your fingers curled in sleep tracing the contours of my soft belly - your smell and the chasm of time that opens up when dawn breaks and there are still hours until we're forced to unfold. At surface value I'm tightly wrapped in skin but on the inside I'm flayed open all nerve endings and liquid /you're all moonlight blue and bones/ softly shaking with the effort to keep the distance between us at bay. Our bodies curved like question marks asking why is it so wrong to want. 

6 comments:

  1. i do the same thing with moments that were never meant to linger.... is that a good thing or not? i don't really know. but this is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, your comments are always so lovely :)

      Delete
  2. i think it's not. not wanting anything scares me...
    But kaylais right. this is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bodies curved like question marks.. being flayed open. This is so exact. You know everything so perfectly.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete